1. First, talk with your case manager or personal agent, informing them of your interest in Art from the Heart. (If you are not part of Developmental Disabilities Services, talk to the Art from the Heart staff regarding the fees for the program and paying privately.)
2. Then, you or your case manager should contact Art from the Heart to set up an initial studio and gallery tour. You should plan to attend with your caregiver, family member or case manager/personal agent.
3. Schedule a trial day to spend the whole day with us to see if the program is a good fit for you. Our studio is a busy, relationship driven environment and spending a day here will help you get to know the other artists and staff.
4. If after your trial day, you are interested in attending Art from the Heart, inform your case manager, personal agent, family member or staff and contact Art from the Heart. We will schedule an entry meeting with you and any support people you would like to include. We will set up your schedule and get you started following this meeting.
5. The first two months of your enrollment will be a trial period. This gives you the opportunity to fully integrate into our program. Upon the successful completion of your trial period, we will have a meeting with you to talk about your experience and to establish your personal goals, as they relate to your work at Art from the Heart.
Art from the Heart
3505 NE Broadway Street
Portland, OR 97232